Thursday, May 17, 2007

Newest Outlook

Here's the newest SPC outlook. Still basically the same location. I haven't checked the models yet, but I will do that soon. I really want to wait until we get within 87 hours so we can use the SPC's SREF. I think this is the one we should chase. Its pretty far north, but thats where the jet stream will be until September.

10:20 AM UPDATE:
I'm not so sure anymore. I need someone else to convince me.
Looking at the GFS I see this:
However, I don't think the shear will be that great. Apparently, neither is the CAPE:
One last image, from the HPC:
Interesting that they have a dryline plotted...

3 comments:

Shel Winkley said...

cape 3? Its not looking to hot matt...

Shel Winkley said...

also...i know I dont work for the SPC or anything but if anything is going to happen I would think it would be around the Oklahoma Kansas area Wednesday-ish but there really isnt any shear to support it so....nada?

The Mosiers said...

I agree with you Shel, but I think we should keep an eye out. Maybe a chance for some stuff along that dryline, if the dryline develops. Its just to far out for severe weather right now...plus I don't really trust forecast soundings that much...I dunno why.