Monday, June 18, 2007

Alicia...

tell us how your first day went!

3 comments:

melissapolt said...

she wont be responding to this for a little bit..she doesnt have internet yet at home and is learning all that new fun stuff at work...but i talked to her today and she said it was cool. so i guess we will hear more when she gets internet...

Alicia said...

So my first of day was fun. So I think I'm really going to like it there. Everyone is really nice. My supervisor is friendly and helpful. I've mostly been studying and then watching people do stuff. I've got to learn all the forms they use and how to fill them out. He said I won't even deal with weather for a good 3 weeks because I have to learn all the other stuff. I get to learn the phontic alphabet like Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Foxtrot etc. That's cool. That's how everyone reads off the codes for the jobs. So for a good month if not more I'll be working 5 days a week 8 to 4 so that's nice. I'll go on shift in August and start on days. I work over in the corner with the flight planners so that's fun dealing with them. The flight planners and weather people are all around my age so that's nice. Monday was really fun because it was the end of a set of shifts for the weather and flight planners so it was technically their Friday so they were pretty hyper. Today was kinda dead because the next set of people came back from their weekend of fun.

My apartment is nice. But it's bigger than I thought it was. I have like nothing unpacked so I'll do that this weekend. Comcast is coming Saturday to hook up my cable and internet. Currently I only get NBC, PBS and CBS. It sucks. I'm at the community college right now mooching off their internet cause I can't pick up any signals at home. I met my neighbors downstairs and next to me. It's a husband and wife downstairs and the wife is really nice. She talks to me everytime I see her. I've only met the guy next to me once but he was nice and seemed sane. I haven't had problems yet hahaha.

That's all for now folks. Hope everyone is doing well.

The Mosiers said...

Good stuff. Keep us posted. Post on the main site instead of the comments so it will email me the post.