Friday, June 22, 2007

More from amarillo...

I just got back from amarillo and am now officially the Weekend Meteorologist/storm chaser for Channel 10. Its a pretty sweet deal too. The day I was there they got in their newest ratings...for their 10pm show they were a good 15,000 viewers above the number 2 station in town. Ill be on mostly for the weekends but the way it sounded is ill most likely be doing 2 to 3 mornings some weeks as well. Also, once I get in, learn everything and get comfortable, I'm taking over the 5, 6, and 10 while the chief is on vacation!!! Shel Winkley...prime time...not too shabby. But seriously, everyone at the station is great and seems amazingly nice and they have a lot of cool toys to play with there too so I think its going to be a lot of fun. Ill DVR my first day on and youtube it so you can all watch me pee my pants on live television!

I'm probably going to start right around the 4th of July so this is my last week in college station. I'm leaving to go back to venus next saturday so all next week i'm with Melissa...party straight through!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay everyone has jobs!!

The Mosiers said...

Sweet action. That is goof stuff. We should all try and get together sometime and come up there and hang with you and tour the station and all of that. Congrats again. Keep us updated with everything that is going on.

Nick H said...

im all for a trip to amarillo sometime

melissapolt said...

yeah im in also. we should get the VIP treatment shel!

Alicia said...

I'm in. What's there to do in Amarillo?

Anonymous said...

drink. :)

Shel Winkley said...

haha..yeah drinking is what i gathered. Im pretty sure every single person I met wed night asked me why I didnt have a drink i my hand.

But..there is the palo duro canyon, cadillac ranch, and the tallest building between dallas and denver. Plus if you get lucky, maybe there will be something to chase that day! But I can totally have visitors who can stay in the studio as long as they want so plan it out, give me a call, and make it happen!

Tiffany said...

I cant wait to see shel on tv!!